Proper identification is required for any notary service requiring verification of signature. California recognizes the following types of identification as valid if issued by the state within the last 5 years:
- California Driver License or Commercial Driver License
- ID Card – Senior Identification Card, Under 18 Identification Card, California Identification Card
- A US passport
The following types of identification are acceptable if they are current and have been issued within the last 5 years:
- Driver license or ID card issued by another state
- Mexican or Canadian driver license issued by an authorized agency.
- US Military identification card
- Foreign passport if stamped by the Immigration and naturalization service.
- All identification cards must contain a photo, physical description, signature and serial number.
What do we NOT notarize ?
- Incomplete documents
- Copies of Birth, Death or Marriage records. (We are allowed to notarize Affidavit of Birth, Marriage, Death).